Secondary Accents welcomes articles that apply to classroom situations and that focus on instructional strategies, teaching tips, activities, website/tool/book reviews, student interviews, and innovative programs or classrooms. Authors are encouraged to use hyperlinks. Please consider submitting today!
- have the title in ALL CAPS.
- list an author byline which includes the author’s name with hyperlinked email, affiliation, city, country
- include an author headshot.
- include a 2-3 sentence (or less) teaser for the Newsletter Homepage.
- be no longer than 1,750 words (includes bylines, teasers, main text, tables, and author bios).
- contain no more than five citations.
- include a 2- to 3-sentence author biography at the end of the article.
- follow the style guidelines in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th Edition(APA style).
- be in MS Word (.doc, .docx) or rich text (.rtf) format.
All figures, graphs, and other images should be sent in separate jpg files. If the author includes a headshot, it must be:
- a head and shoulder shot
- a jpg
- width = 120px, height = 160px
- clear, clean, professional, appropriate to the article
Please direct submissions and questions to newsletter editor Sarah E. Elia.
The deadline for submissions to Secondary Accents for the September 2017 edition has been extended to September 3, 2017.