Call for Special Topic Proposals
The Journal welcomes proposals for special topics that are both timely and relevant to our readership.
The topics can be drawn from research and practice across the educational contexts (PK16).
Call opens: September 1, 2018
Call Closes: November 15, 2018
Selection process results: November 25, 2018
Schedule of special topic issues announced by December 1, 2018
Please download the form below and email it to [email protected]
The ConnTESOL Winter 2018 Newsletter is here and freshly updated for the new year! Inside you’ll find lots of new information, including research, spotlights on programs, tech tips, and much more. Please join us in sharing your professional knowledge and experiences, as well as downloading, printing, and sharing the newsletter!
Newsletter editor Christina Jaramillo would love to get suggestions from you, the readers and ConnTESOL members. She welcomes your comments, ideas, and submissions. If you’re interesting in submission an article or information, please send it to [email protected]
The ConnTESOL Autumn 2017 Newsletter is fresh off the press! We are pleased to be able to share highlights from our 2017 state conference, as well as highlight our scholarship winners and their essays. The newsletter also includes a book review, a tech corner, and call for member contribution. Please join us in sharing your professional knowledge and experiences, as well as downloading, printing, and sharing the newsletter!
Newsletter editor Christina Jaramillo would love to get suggestions from you, the readers and ConnTESOL members. She welcomes your comments, ideas, and submissions. If you’re interesting in submission an article or information, please send it to [email protected] and put “NEWSLETTER” in the subject line!
You are invited to submit an article for Idiom’s 2017 summer issue!
Theme: Empowering Students
Deadline for Submissions: August 12, 2017
If you are interested in submitting an article to Idiom for consideration, please review the following guidelines before submitting or visit Idiom’s webpage at http://idiom.nystesol.org/submissionguidelines.html
Guidelines for Article Submission:
Idiom seeks to publish articles covering a range of issues couched within a theoretical framework relating to all levels of learners.
• Length: Maximum 900 words (include a word count excluding references and author’s bio)
• Formatting: Please use APA guidelines, particularly when citing references.
• Articles: Please send completed articles in DOC or DOCX format.
• Graphs and charts: Please embed in body of document. Please include as JPG or PNG files.
• An author’s brief biographical statement (three sentences maximum), email and degree (e.g. Ed.D., M.A.), must be at the bottom of the article (after references).
• The article should contain in-text citations and references, which must be done according to proper APA format. Please check out an important web site on APA citation style here
• Be sure your article includes your byline underneath the article’s title.
• Anonymous contributions cannot be published. Please do not submit dissertations or theses. Literature reviews for dissertations, dissertations or excerpts, or submissions that do not follow these basic guidelines cannot be considered for publication.
• Articles should be typed in Times New Roman font size 12
Want to submit an article? Submit here: http://idiom.nystesol.org/submit.html
Have questions? Email [email protected]
ConnTESOL Summer 2017 Newsletter — check it out! It’s chock full of new information AND a streamlined new layout, as well as a new “tech resources” section. We are both lucky and proud to have a newsletter editor who is working hard to address not only contemporary issues in ELL / ESL teaching but also recognize the efforts and impact of hard working professionals across the state.
Do you have suggestions, recommendations, or “wants” for the newsletter? Email us at www.conntesol.org.
We desire and appreciate your input! ConnTESOL is dedicated to meeting the needs of the all ESL / ELL educators and need your feedback to help us continue to improve in serving those needs. Thank you for any input you wish to contribute and most importantly, all you do for our students.
Here is the link to the current issue, Fall 2016 ConnTESOL . With its contemporary new design, member contributions, and practitioner highlights, it’s chock full of good information. Please feel free to download it, print it, and share it!
The ConnTESOL Quarterly – Summer 2016 is hot off the press and full of information, especially regarding reports from National TESOL and proposed legislation to support English language learners. Enjoy!